Steen Deluxe

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
vmxken

Steen Deluxe

Post by vmxken »

Hi, Ken here from VMX Magazine, and I am really looking forward to seeing everyone at Hodaka Days! Besides that, I have a new Hodaka project, a Steen Deluxe (with the nickel plated frame), which is very exciting. When I say project, it really is a project, as I have little more than a frame, leading link front end (also nickel plated, with original Sebac shocks) and a seat base (still with some faded purple paint). I do have a disassembled 100cc engine which should be OK to rebuild. So I need wheels (complete, with brakes), a tank, a seat (foam and cover), fenders, plus all the 'small stuff' (handlebars, cables, rear brake rod, axles, chain adjusters, tank decals). I may have a pipe, to be determined. If anyone has any of the above parts, perhaps they could bring them to Hodaka Days and I could take any small parts home with me in my luggage. For bigger parts, such as wheels, my ol' mate Paul Stannard may be able to take them back with him and then organise shipping to me. See you all soon! Many thanks, Ken. PS - I would attach an image but it doesn't seem particularly straightforward.
viclioce

Re: Steen Deluxe

Post by viclioce »

Contact Terry Larson at Hodaka-Parts.com for rebuild parts for your motor. He may also be able to help you with some of the other needed parts.

There is also a Steens group on Facebook. I think Bruce Matty admins that page. Asking over there will help you find more of the Steens parts needed. Also talk with Lee Fabry! Lee does incredible restoration work and will likely have a line on who else to contact for parts.
Last edited by viclioce on Sat May 25, 2024 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

1978 175SL
1976 03 Wombat
1975 99 Road Toad (2)
1973 96 Dirt Squirt (2)
1973 “Wombat Combat”
1973 Combat Wombat
1972 94 Wombat (2)
1972 Super Squirt
1971 92B+ Ace
1970 92B Ace 100B (2)
1968 92 Ace 100
1966 Ace 90