rear sprocket

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
tvrc18

rear sprocket

Post by tvrc18 »

Can anyone tell what sprocket this is on my flat tracker. I think it is a ace rear hub but the sprocket has more bolts than normal, look like about 10.
Terry
Attachments
Larry Powell Hodaka 007-1.JPG
hodakamax

Re: rear sprocket

Post by hodakamax »

Hi Terry- what you are seeing is a bolt-on cushioned sprocket. I installed one on my sixties flat tracker. Rubber grommets behind the bolts reduces driveline shock. Maxie
tvrc18

Post by tvrc18 »

Thanks, I did not notice any rubber bushings but I did not look real close I guess. I was going to change it out and did not know what to order. Wonder if Paul has any of these?
Terry
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

I believe your sprocket was the first effort toward a cushioned hub. I would keep it if you can. the one on my old racer is made by Webco. You have a very cool looking Hodaka.---------------Clarence
tvrc18

Post by tvrc18 »

Thanks Clarence, I will probably just leave it alone as I probably will never start the bike up or ride it. I just noticed while spinning the rear tire the chain gets tight in some areas and loose in others suggesting the sprockets are worn. I am tempted to start it but don't want any bad things to happen to it. I get pleasure just looking at it and knowing it is mine.
Terry