Reed Valve Petal Q

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
rileybill

Reed Valve Petal Q

Post by rileybill »

Hi Hodaka Nation ... I have a question about reed petals. I'm doing some work on my 95CW with a GEM reed valve. One of the petals is frayed at the end and it would appear it may not be totally closing. I assume these should be replaced.

Can someone educate me on what I should consider when replacing these? It looks like these are sold based upon thickness, is that right?

What I have appears to be the same as OEM part 972801/972802. Which looks like the only reed petals for all models. Is that true? The petals I have measure 0.018 thickness.

Greatly appreciate your input.
Attachments
20180411_183935.jpg
racerclam

Re: Reed Valve Petal Q

Post by racerclam »

yes all the pedals are interchangeable , but a better replacement is the carbon fiber pedals I offer , instead of four small pedals I replace them with two large pedals , they work much better ( noticeable ) response and all arround performance . And better yet I cut out the divider in the cage , But they work with it still there . More reed tip area as well as a more reactive material

Rich
rileybill

Post by rileybill »

Ok, cool! Thanks Rich, makes sense ... So, how are they sold? Does your intended riding (MX'r, street, trails) make a difference in reed selection?
racerclam

Post by racerclam »

just give me a call 702-858-9177 same pedals work for all

Rich