ISDT Reunion Ride Mini Report

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
Pep

ISDT Reunion Ride Mini Report

Post by Pep »

Hi Folks, just got back from my first attempt at an ISDT Reunion Ride - the Tulsa Edition
Wonderful event, met a ton of folks, and so great to see the fellow Hodaka-philes out in force!
Met Max Good, his lovely wife, and killer bike. Max and I paused to shared a moment of misery halfway through the first day…oh the rocks!
Jamie McAdams threw the hammer down on his mighty Dirt Squirt, earning a Gold Medal. Kolby McAdams did some shredding of her own, finishing the weekend with a Silver Medal on her Road Toad. Smiling Hodaka Dave powered his Combat/Wombat hybrid for a Gold (I think) for the weekend and a Gold Medal for the series. Despite hating cross country races (even more now), I managed a Gold Medal on my Combat Wombat.
I think the medal is just the right size:
IMG_5408.JPG
What a great bunch of folks - made some new friends, met some legends, and saw a whole bunch of nice bikes!
-Laurie
:arrow: There were more than a few DNF's that weekend - fortunately, Hodaka riders don't have to worry about such nonsense :D
BrianZ

Re: ISDT Reunion Ride Mini Report

Post by BrianZ »

Congrats on the gold medal Laurie!

Now how can you say you hate cross country events even more after doing so well?

Brian
Bullfrog
Location: Oregon, 12 miles from the center of the Hodaka Universe(Athena)

Post by Bullfrog »

Hot dang! Good report and good ride! Glad to hear a bunch of Hodie folks brought home medals!

And, like Brian . . . I don't get it. You did very well. Gotta be some natural talent/skill involve there! "Endurance" stuff is Wayeeee funner than "go fast, fall down, get up, go fast, fall down" ;) . If they'd just make AHRMA MX motos about 20 to 40 laps each it would be race heaven!

Ed
Keep the rubber side down!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Great job Laurie, Max, Jamie, Kolby and Dave !! You all made us proud. I have personally met some of those rocks on the Zinc ranch and they do not move.Thank you for flying the Hodaka flag and making us all proud!!
See you in MacArthur Ohio next year?? I am thinking about coming out of retirement for next years event. Dragging Billy and Ivan along for a little fun too.
Paul
Pep

Post by Pep »

I can't explain or defend it.
But every rider I meet either hates cross country and loves MX or hates MX and loves CC. Put me in category #1
I did get what I deserved for a poor attitude:
All weekend I looked forward to the 5 laps of MX at the end - got a good start, finally having a blast...and threw a chain in the first lap :x
I captured some paltry GoPro footage - might try to patch it together for a short highlight/lowlight film.
socalhodaka

Post by socalhodaka »

Laurie, can you if you know? How many Hodaka's and who were on what teams?

Thanks Kelly
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

Laurie

Just one more story--In 1967 (47 years ago) I entered a Hare Scramble at the John Zinc Ranch on my Hodaka Ace 90. Those same rocks snapped off both rear shocks in about 30 miles. It was one of the first of many great motorcycle adventures! Scary Huh!

Maxie
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The reports of the event I have received tell a story of how great a showing Team Hodaka did. You all who raced it should be very proud and deserve credit from the rest of us Hodaka folks that could not make the event.
Next year MacArthur Ohio!!!!!!! Best start going on my bike now! I think we have already a great team started with Billy Burns and Ivan Beattie. Brian how about coming down from the great North to join us??
Paul
RichardMott

Post by RichardMott »

Back in Ohio again, Great! :D I haven't ridden an ISDTRR since 2009 because they were too far away. :roll: I will definitely put it on my calendar for next year. Hodaka ruled in 2009. :P
Rick Mott

In order to be old and wise, you must survive young and stupid!
BrianZ

Post by BrianZ »

admin wrote:The reports of the event I have received tell a story of how great a showing Team Hodaka did. You all who raced it should be very proud and deserve credit from the rest of us Hodaka folks that could not make the event.
Next year MacArthur Ohio!!!!!!! Best start going on my bike now! I think we have already a great team started with Billy Burns and Ivan Beattie. Brian how about coming down from the great North to join us??
Paul
I am seriously considering it Paul! These events sound like a lot of fun.

Brian
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Brian I look forward to the possibility of having you ride with us on "Team Hodaka"! As soon as I know the final dates of the event I will post here. I will also work with Lynn Burton to try and get our Hodaka Teams to go out on the same minutes. Makes things more fun for all involved.
Gotta have colored jersey's for each team on each minute ( looks good too).
There will be a corresponding dual sport ride during the ISDTRR event for those who do not wish to compete but would rather ride with some their friends and some of the legends.
Capt. I think there is a bike here with your name on it if you care to fly back again :-)
More to follow.....
Paul
gotcha

Post by gotcha »

Paul...Just an FYI. Lynn states that he has served his last year as XC Coordinator. I believe Becky Hayes will take his place. (rumor mill). She is a great person and a very good XC rider. Becky and Craig are in Southern Illinois and put on a great event this year at their property. I am willing to bet she will work out something on the rows for the Hodaka riders. If you know Lynn, you might want to know that his son Clay was the only real casualty at Zink Ranch. First special test and big rocks got him. Broken upper left arm and three ribs. Surgery went well and he was on his way home Sunday. He will be back on it next year.

Thanks...Bob
Too old to grow up now.