Basket Case Confusion x 5

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
hodakamax

Basket Case Confusion x 5

Post by hodakamax »

Five plus Hodaka motorcycle barn find. Two models present, appears to be two species that are Ace 100B+ and three model 94 Wombats. Some in boxes. Don't get too excited, nothing pristine here. Major effort and small fortune will be required to make three motorcycles. Almost there. Total disassembly of all pieces. Mixed together. No babe in the woods here, enough experience to put them together, I thought. Several shared parts like forks and rear wheel assembly....I thought. Again. Nope, different parts on the rear hub and I do have them but what the heck is going on here? Long story but you can really get lost here. Finally figured this out and this picture might save some pain if this happens to you. Final result is the Wombat rear sprocket has been moved out about 1/4" for bigger tire and chain clearance. Desirable. You'll also need the stepped front sprocket on the Wombat to complete the process. Sheesh. 8-) Maxie
Attachments
Better file this somewhere.
Better file this somewhere.
Dale

Re: Basket Case Confusion x 5

Post by Dale »

Certainly enough to make one's head hurt! I scratched my head pretty hard on several builds trying to identify what was wrong with my chain alignment.

Spending just a few minutes with the Parts Compatibility spreadsheet there are at least 5 different Drive Flange models (70, 71, 92, 94 and 99). Each has its own Drive Flange Collar. Then you have several color options. And lastly, the model 97 and 98 orange tankers use the model 94 Drive Flange but use their own (model 97) Collar.

And then there are the spacers...

All fun!
Dale