Hodaka Chat Group Mentioned on FB.

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
hodakamax

Hodaka Chat Group Mentioned on FB.

Post by hodakamax »

Hodaka Fan Club on Facebook. Another place about Hodaka things and I did mention my good friends here. I do both. Kinda cool on Facebook, you can "like" what people say without an additional post. Thousands more people to deal with, good and bad, though. I can take care of myself, I think, as could you. What I said today about my good friends here and things in general. Both fun places.

"Been to the Hodaka Club Forum’s Chat group lately? A place I discovered when finding my way back to the Hodaka scene several years ago. Pre-facebook for me. Wow. Orders of magnitude more people on Facebook to discuss subjects and in some cases to argue about things. Facebook. A place to let off steam occasionally. Good or bad. Love the Hodaka Fan Club but miss the old Gang. Feeling guilty, like time to make touch. I’ve been over there trying to stir up the non-facebook people into making more than one post a week or even month and me not knowing about their projects going on. Funny crew too. Clarence comes to mind. Our Victor is there and does keep me posted. Matt seems to be a guy that should be on Facebook, seems like the nicest of Hodaka people. Too long of a friend list to mention here. Ed, to straighten us out with facts, I should mention. Excellent friend Dale Dvorak, who supplied bikes for all the events on my one trip to Hodaka Days, even the Bad Rock and the parade, quite a deal. Owe him for sure….. Stop by, I’m telling same old stories but they haven’t heard them for awhile. I don’t want the old Gang to forget that there are still Hodakas to work on plus show and tell. No need to choose when we have both. Max in blue, regrouping from the Bad Rock. Thanks Dale!"
Maxie.
Attachments
Oregon, regrouping from the Bad Rock!
Oregon, regrouping from the Bad Rock!
36279155_10216669533674448_4537893772997951488_n.jpg (51.38 KiB) Viewed 201 times
viclioce

Re: Hodaka Chat Group Mentioned on FB.

Post by viclioce »

I like both places, Maxie! It gives more outreach, even though many of us visit both! Finding and sharing common knowledge, builds & stories!

Hodaka building is what has given me new purpose in my retirement! Covid left us penned up for a long time. I’ve spent a lot of that time building Hodakas, trying to save as many as I can. I’ve had a very few people make negative remarks. You just learn to ignore them. Some even come back around…

To me, there’s a great joy in acquiring a basket case bike, tearing it completely apart and the reward of hearing it fire up again after 20, 30, 40 or more years! And having someone new to it enjoy the riding of it again! That gives me a great sense of accomplishment! :ugeek: Victor

1978 175SL
1976 03 Wombat
1975 99 Road Toad (2)
1973 96 Dirt Squirt (2)
1973 “Wombat Combat”
1973 Combat Wombat
1972 94 Wombat (2)
1972 Super Squirt
1971 92B+ Ace
1970 92B Ace 100B (2)
1968 92 Ace 100
1966 Ace 90