Trimming reeds?

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
dirty_rat

Trimming reeds?

Post by dirty_rat »

Question? What is the best method for trimming Boyesen Reeds (the 613 Husky reeds) to fit into a Hodaka reed cage? I was going to file them to size, but I didn't know if there were more suitable ways to get them to the right size.

Thanks
racerclam

Re: Trimming reeds?

Post by racerclam »

small dremel cut off wheels work good then finish fit with emery cloth laying on flat surface then sanding holding the pedal . I can supply double carbon fiber pedals that work better than four smaller pedals

Rich
dirty_rat

Post by dirty_rat »

Thanks for the information Rich. I already have a couple of sets of the Boyesen reeds, but I will get with you on the carbon reeds for my next project. Thanks again.
Bullfrog
Location: Oregon, 12 miles from the center of the Hodaka Universe(Athena)

Post by Bullfrog »

dirty_rat,

I saw your message on Saturday but held off on responding for two, -- no, make that three, reasons.
1. I wuz kind of "slammed" with spring chores.
2. While I knew exactly how I would go about trimming reeds, I wasn't sure that the method I would use is THE method which is used by guys who really know their stuff.
3. I suspected that Rich (racerclam) would see the post and respond sooner or later . . . and he really knows his stuff on this topic. And sure enough he did respond - and now we all know the right way to go about trimming reeds by way of advice from an expert on the topic! Kewel!
Ed
Keep the rubber side down!