Head question

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
htroha47

Head question

Post by htroha47 »

The stamp says +60. I assume it means 60 over, but measures only 40 over stock. Also what is the custom porting for.
Attachments
20180302_215957.jpg
20180302_215936.jpg
matt glascock

Re: Head question

Post by matt glascock »

The +6 marking, as I've learned, has nothing to do with overbore. It is a factory marking that correlates with pistons that have been clearance matched to fit appropriately with that cylinder eg +1 pistons go with +1 cylinders and +2 pistons go with +2 cylinders and so on. I'm speculating that those are some type of DIY finger ports designed to improve transfer of the fuel charge. Racerclam will surely school us on this matter.
racerclam

Post by racerclam »

Added ports just an outdated method of adding transfer ports . Not much volume , can help with scavenging

Rich
matt glascock

Post by matt glascock »

Hi Rich, I was wondering if those were some kind of boost port for improved scavenging. Aren't they in the wrong position related to the exhaust port? I thought ports set to enhance scavenging were typically on the opposite cylinder wall from the exhaust port.
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

Something looks a little strange. Are we are looking at a Fuji engine, not used in the hodaka. To me it appears that the new ports are opposite of the exhaust. These ports are the type we oldies added on our own, before we met Rich. ----------Clarence
racerclam

Post by racerclam »

sure those ports arnt ultimate but also wont hurt anything

Rich