Black oil dipstick

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
Ajf

Black oil dipstick

Post by Ajf »

I recently got a bonanza bc1500sh survivor with the ace100. It is all original and complete except for the dipstick that is supposed to be black. I want the bike to be correct but can't find a black one. Does anyone have a lead on where to locate one. Thanks in advance for any help.
Zyx

Re: Black oil dipstick

Post by Zyx »

Black paint?? I have never seen a black cap.
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

No paint, black plastic the black hodaka Nigerian motorcycles. The excess ones were sold to dealers in the US.
Zyx

Post by Zyx »

Chances of finding one??
Ajf

Post by Ajf »

All the bonanzas I've seen originally had the black plastic ones. I take it the hodaka branded bikes didn't have these. Maybe they were just in the early e-code bikes. Not sure. They pop up once in awhile on eBay but not very often. They look just like the white ones just black. I guess I could paint one until I find one.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

They can't be too rare, Both my 94A and my Ace 100 project have black dip sticks.

Max
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Give Paul Stannard a shout, he may have some in his parts stash....
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

They came on the black hodakas. I wouldn't think they came on the E engines. But I have been wrong before. If you do not find on let me know, The first ace 90 produced were grey, The mark \\ was white, the black ace was all black trim as gas cap, dip stick and battery cover ect.--------Clarence
racerclam

Post by racerclam »

I believe the early Hodakas were all metal and also a a different length since the location on the side cover was different .

Rich
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Not all of the Bonanza Hodaka's had a black dipstick. Some did and some did not. Some of the Hodaka cutaway engines also had a black dipstick.
Yes Clarence is correct that the black framed Nigerian bikes did have a black dipstick.
Hodaka also made a gray plastic dipsticks.
Ajf

Post by Ajf »

admin wrote:Not all of the Bonanza Hodaka's had a black dipstick. Some did and some did not. Some of the Hodaka cutaway engines also had a black dipstick.
Yes Clarence is correct that the black framed Nigerian bikes did have a black dipstick.
Hodaka also made a gray plastic dipsticks.
You are right. I have seen some cr500 choppers and mx1510's with the white one but all the early bc1300 and bc1500's I've seen have all been black. Does your bc1500 have a black one? Also, do you have a used black one available for sale. Thanks.
Aaron
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes Aaron my BC1500SH Bonanza/Hodaka does actually have a black dipstick head. The Typhoon, 1510MX and chopper have white ones.

I am sure I can help on the black dipstick but can you please email off the site??

Thank you
Paul
Ajf

Post by Ajf »

Thanks to everyone for the help. Found the correct black dipstick thanks to this forum.